Lotus Domino: Change NIC Sequence Windows 2008 Server to be able to run server controller
If you do have multiple network interfaces (e.g. one for user, one for cluster, one for backup etc.) in a server with Windows 2008 you need to make sure that your main network interface is the first one in the sequence. Otherwise you might not be to connect to the Domino server controller. You will get the message “Either the Server Controller is not running on host <server name> or is not listening on port 2050″ although the server and controller are runningTo change the sequence of the network cards do the following:
- Click on “Network and Internet” -> “View Network Status and Tasks (Network sharing Center)” -> Change Adapter Settings
- Press “Alt-N”
- Click on “Advanced” -> “Advanced Settings” -> “Connections: Change NIC Sequence”
- Now put your the main network interface card on top of the list and save the configuration.
In one case, the issue was resolved by following the below steps:1) Add the port 2050 in the windows firewall.
(From the windows, run type “firewall” and enter Windows Firewall with Advanced Security ->Inbound Rules)
2) Add the entry for the IP address which is mapped to server name in the local host file (e.g 10.10.10.5 INMAIL01/Acme).
3) Enable the below notes.ini parameter in the Domino server’s notes.ini.
Note: 10.10.20.5 is the IP address of the Domino server.
4) With the above settings done, restart the Operating System (OS).
You will see “Lotus Domino Server” service will be launched successfully when the OS is up and also administrator will be able to connect to Domino server using the Lotus Domino Console i.e Java Controller for Domino.